hi wel-come to all http://financeadda.blogspot.com/, let's share your opinions & facts on finance related matters with us,if u have any material please mail me at deepuprasad@rocketmail.com. i will post in this blog,please write your feedback in comments.

deepu.


Thursday, March 5, 2009

interview tips

Typical Interview Questions:

An interview is to judge which candidate is best suited for the position. The employer will design questions giving him information required for the desired post. The following set of questions will help you to make the best presentation for the interview.The questions are divided in the following sections:
A) Opening Questions

1. Tell me something about yourself?2. What are your hobbies? 3. Which is your favorite subject? Why?4. How did you hear about this opening?5. How did you prepare for this interview?6. What was the last book you read? Summarize your learning's?

B) Personality Questions

1. What are your strengths?2. What are your weaknesses?3. How would your colleagues describe you?4. How would your boss describe you?5. How would you describe yourself as a person?6. Who has influenced you in life? How?7. Narrate 2 of your achievements?8. How do you plan to overcome your weaknesses?9. Can you tell me the toughest decision taken in life?

C) Career Questions

1. What are your career goals?2. What is your ambition in life?3. What might make you leave this job?

D) Leadership

1. What according to you is important for a team member?

E) Position related questions

1. What do you know about our company?2. How can you contribute to our company?3. Why have you applied for this position?4. How can you contribute to this position?5. What do you look for in a job?6. Why are you looking for a change? 7. Which other positions have you considered applying for?8. Where do you see yourself 5 to 7 years from now?

F) Decision making Questions

1. Why should we hire you?2. Do you believe in compromising business ethics to get your work done?3. Are you ok working for 12 to 15 hrs a day?4. Who plays an important role in deciding your career?

G) Job Assessment

1. How do you weigh job satisfaction?2. What might make you leave this job?3. What is your role in the current job?4. Why not continue the same job?5. Describe your ideal job?6. What kind of people are you able to manage?

H) Concluding Question

1. Would you like to ask any questions?

Questions you can ask the Employer:

1. How many employers work in this organization?
2. What according to you is the most difficult problem one would face in this position?
3. Which is the most successful product of this organization?
4. On what parameters is once success measured in this company?
5. What will be my salary package?


Satyam Interview Questions:

INT: how are you?
ME: (full smiles) Fine sir
SUGG: Speak loud looking into his eyes, never get tense then confidence will be revealed from your words.
INT: ok Prasad tell about yourself
ME: [I an lucky I prepared only that] I started “I am a reliable team member and a efficient leader, I used to participate in all the events conducted by the college form my engineering fist year, I got selected for endeavor club, a literary club organized by students, there we conducted many GDs, debates …..In second year, cultural committee member..… In third year I was team leader for informal events and awarded as best organizer… I love working in teams [in this way I boasted all my achievements regarding reliable team member and efficient leader]”
INT: ok [he is very good, listening all the way without interrupting and encouraging me to tell more]
ME: I continued “I am a native of Guntur, my father is a farmer he is hardworking, friendly…. [and I praised my father and mother and said I am thankful to them]
INT: So what about you?
ME: I am also hardworking sir.
SUGG: It is very good if you praise and be thankful to your parents (mainly) and to college etc. It creates a positive impact on you.
ME: I continued “….. my brother is doing masters in GMU in verginia state”
INT: do you want to go to USA?
ME: No sir
ME: I will go if satyam sends me [first time I got a little bit tense as I told two contradicting statements]



INT: ok [he took it light I think, I was lucky]
ME: I continued “my hobbies are playing chess and volley ball….my achievements….my awards…..my interests…. My goals” (that’s all I completed my self) I think it took 3 min.
SUGG: First enquire or search and explore about Satyam, I recognized they are want of dynamic people and want of leaders, that’s why I started my myself in that way. So you to explore Satyam and find the qualities which they want and which you have and I suggest start my self showing those qualities. [I think you all know a word document know as 64 toughest interview questions, follow the first question answer (tell about yourself) it helps a lot.]
INT: very good, ok what do you know about Satyam?
ME: Sir it is ranking 2nd in outsourcing, and has a place in top 10 companies in India and I it has CMM level 5.
INT: What is CMM level?
ME: CMM means capability maturity model, Our company Is having level 5 which is the highest.
INT: what does it suggest?
ME: it tells how the projects are going on and it suggest how innovative the company is
INT: innovative?
ME: yes sir.
ME: and I heard that working environment is very good
ME: As I was a member of forerunners club a literary club in Guntur, where the ex-president Priyanka is a Satyam employee, she explained the working environment and other things I was fascinated.[I only took the initiation and told this with out the interviewer asking how do you know]
INT: ok [he is patently hearing all the time]
SUGG: Always try to boost your self, if you are doing this it clearly resembles that you are enthusiastic to join in the company, and even interviewers are looking for those people.


INT: what are the subjects you are interested?
ME: I started with my first year subject engineering graphics
INT: he asked me what a pixel is [he asked me that as he thought I told computer graphics]
ME: I explained a smallest part of an image and which is a point on coordinate axis.
INT: Is it the correct definition
ME: No sir
SUGG: I also read many interview experiences, and I am repeating the same thing. Be confident, if you don’t know say greatly I don’t know. Or you can explain some words clearly and say I can’t recollect sir, if you don’t know. One thing they are going to teach all the required subjects in the training. So be confident.
INT: you told you are good at it
ME: Sir I got 100 in it, internals 30 and externals 70 and got very good compliments from my professors and I explained we have scales as our first chapter and straight lines….
SUG: when ever you get a chance boast your achievements because you must sell your self to the interviewer.
INT: good, so you have isometric projections and auxiliary planes
ME: yes sir
INT: So you can answer any question on that
ME: Yes sir
INT: definite?
ME: Yes sir
SUGG: ever after asking if you say wrong no problem but be very confident, even I didn’t had time to prepare for that, but was confident because I mentioned I got 100.



INT: [with smile] draw the isometric view of the chair [the chair was at some distance and cross to me]
ME: [with smile] sir it is at nearly 45 degrees to me and we had only 3 views top, left, and right. I will draw from any of these three views.
INT: You try and gave me a paper.
ME: Ok sir, [I was smiling all the time and tried to draw, upper part was ok but down part was abnormal]
INT: [smiling] looking at the figure
ME: I again explained we had only three views
INT: ok! What is the purpose of engineering graphics in your curriculum? What are the advantages?
ME: I explained we must do every sum by imagining…….
INT: yes, we must imagine and draw from any view similarly once we cut a figure......
ME: yes Sir we must take it reference and we can get the figures in all views.
INT: what other subjects you are interested?
ME: C, C++
INT: Explain about C?
ME: [I did not get any idea as I did not prepare any thing for technical] I uttered it contains variables as the basic entities………, It has 32 keywords [I was uncomfortable]
INT: tell those keywords
ME: int, float, for , while………..I told nearly 20 he is noting down on the paper which I told, if I repeat he is telling me to check whether I told it before or not. [He is very good]
INT: any questions?
ME: sir you want me to learn any languages like java and is .net necessary, So that I will be productive in our company
INT: No need, we will train our in every platform …………
ME: Sir in which platform we generally do our projects?
SUGG: it is good if we always use the words we, our rather than I and my.
INT: no separate platform it changes………….explained a lot
INT: any more questions?
ME: [with smile] Sir how did I perform? I heard that Satyam people
Will tell about the performance if we ask.
INT: you will know that.
ME: ok sir, thank you sir [he is writing some thing and did not extend his hand for shake and not even all the best or any word like meet you I the evening. I left the room]
[I think the whole interview took only 8 min]
I was very happy but after meeting my friends they were telling all their experience. My friend who went before to the same panel explained me that, he(int) gave shake hand at the starting and at the end he wished all the best and he only gave the hand, and one more person who went to the same panel told that he(int) wished him all the best and told meet in the evening. I was shell shocked
Our interview was over in the first hour only on that day(26/7/06) and I was waiting for the result, with my mind filled with confusion and I nearly analyzed my whole interview nearly 5 times. And at 6:00 clock in the evening, they were calling all the names who got selected in the order. My friend who went before me was selected. AND THE NEXT NUMBER WAS MINE …. You can understand. We had a photo with our friends who got selected taken by the college authorities, and out side we had a great number of hugs with our friends.
THAT’S THE WHOLE INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON THAT DAY.
I feel, 80% + English + Confidence. Got me the success
Satyam is a very good company; working in these types of companies gives us a great work experience. And good thing is there is a hike of 2.7 lacks per annum.
One important thing is I am always ready to help you as I got help from you. I added many id’s of people who were selected in Satyam, chatted with them and got many suggestions. My id is “prasadkondragunta”[messenger] @yahoo.co.in. If you want to add me please type “Satyam aspirant” in brief information, I will add you.
Western Culture Impact on Indian Culture:

Indian Culture, which is one of the oldest & richest cultures, is now days posing a serious threat as western culture is establishing its strong base in India and slowly and gradually wiping the Indian culture.

Westernization has greatly affected our traditions, customs, our family and our respect and love for others. Slowly all our values for which India has the pride is vanishing & western culture is taking its place. People are blindly following the western culture without knowing its consequences.

Westernization has given rise to single families. Marriages are fastly breaking & our tolerance and patience has given the answer.

It is very unfortunate that today’s generation has very little knowledge about their culture, traditions & their roots. This is not their mistake but the mistake of their parents who does not enlighten their children about their roots about their rich cultural heritage.
No doubt the western culture is versatile and has taught to be self-independent but this does not mean that we will forget our culture at all and blindly follow it.
A Multinational corporation (or transnational corporation) (MNC/TNC) is a
corporation or enterprise that manages production establishments or delivers services in at least two countries
There is a dispute as to which was the first MNC. Some have argued that the
Knights Templar, founded in 1118, became a multinational when it stumbled into banking in 1135. However, others claim that the Dutch East India Company was the first proper multinational.
Financial Planner
Financial planners help individuals plan their financial futures. How are you going to cover your retirement needs? What do you have to do today to put your children through college? This work can be personally and financially rewarding and requires excellent interpersonal skills. A good financial planner understands investments, taxes, estate planning issues and knows how to listen. This work can be done within a company such as IDS Financial Services or by yourself, as a sole proprietorship. Most planners go solo or work within smaller practices. It's essential then that you have a certain amount of entrepreneurship given that you will be running your own business. The work pays well and is rewarding if you like to help people. Increasingly, it pays to obtain the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation


What is your Goal

Learn to drive2. Leave my crappy job3. Get a good job and lots of income4. Move to America5. Write a decent story6. Have a threesome with Dracula and Lestat (or close lookalikes)7. Die like a man... asleep and snoring?

My interests include:

Playing games
Role playing games
Battletech
Strategy games
Computer games of the above flavor
Dissecting and understanding any of the above
Camping and hiking
I enjoy running around in the woods.
Learning
Machine learning, machine planning, and related subjects.
Soccer and Fencing.





Media and Politics


The media is an intricate part of American government, intertwined with the practice of democracy, but to what extent does the media influence public opinion? To answer that several aspects of media coverage have to be explored. The first fact is that the media is America’s basic resource for all the news concerning American politics. The second aspect is that the opinion expressed by the press influences the opinion adopted by the public. Lastly the issues the media deem important help set the national agenda. The most basic way the media influence public opinion is by offering knowledge about government decisions and access to government information. Daily the press deliver the raw information to the nation, whom in turn form into opinions. Without the media it would take the public longer to become educated about governmental proceedings. The media send messages across the nation. Before the advancement of such media as the television, radio, and the Internet, a much smaller percentage of Americans were informed about the issues concerning the nation. The second way the media can influence public opinion is through their ability to convey an overall tone to their readers and viewers according to their own sentiments. Often a newspaper’s own feelings on a certain issue are expressed in their articles. When the public reads about such issues they can adopt the attitude which the media portrayed. The press my frame stories in a way that enhances the overall tone toward government and politics. Unfortunately the most common trend is to hold a negative attitude toward government. This negative tone has led to a national decline in voter participation. A greater portion of the country now attains a skeptical view of the American government. Most likely the largest way the media impact the public opinion is through agenda setting. Because of the vast number of issues plaguing America today, the press has to decide which they will cover and which they will not. Their reporting has a vital connection to what the public comes to believe are the important issues in the country. If the press repeatedly covers the gun control issue, then the nation itself comes to believe that it is significant. What The New York Times run on their front cover today is what constituents across the nation begin to feel is important. Because the nation deems it important, than it is introduced into legislature tomorrow. The press possesses the capability to create the impression that certain problems are of greater urgency than others. Given the fact that both time and space are money to the press, those certain problems are usually about political strategy, political infighting, political scandal and the private lives of politicians. These tend to over take the less entertaining, but more substantial stories because they do not make money. One of the most ironic ways the media influences public opinion is by bringing the candidates personally to each constituent through the use of television and radio. Could one honestly say that Abraham Lincoln could be elected if he were running today? Lincoln was not a very attractive man and did not have a very refined voice. How would Lincoln have looked and sounded on television and radio? The public may be stubborn to admit it, but it is true; the nation judges possible candidates upon appearances and performances. If a presidential candidate could not speak in front of large groups, he could never be elected in today’s society. It would not matter that his or her policies were better than their running mates. Guaranteed by the first amendment, the media will always be there to inform the public and to decide what issues are important. Americans rely more and more on this media to judge how our leaders campaign, govern, shape public policy, and communicate their ideas. Being an independent check on all three branches of government, the media serves as a fourth branch of government. However essential the media is to the balance of government, the public must learn to make their own opinions and not just adopt those portrayed by the press.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
very Friendly n Very Talkative, MY NAME IS DEEPU. NO BODY CAN JUDGE ME............